My favourite fruit in Autumn are Pears. ???? According to Chinese medicine, pears are considered a nourishing and healing food in Autumn. Its energetic function is to help clear heat, moistens and removes phlegm from the lungs. However, you don’t need to have these symptoms before you drink Pear Tea. I like to drink it as a nourishing tonic and reserve the poach pears for my morning porridge.
- 1 large pear
- 1 tsp manuka honey
- 2 cups of filtered water
- *Optional: Slice of ginger, lemon or pinch of cinnamon
1. Keep the skin on the pears – cut into 8 to 12 wedges and remove the seeds.
2. Place pears in the pot with the water.
3. Gently simmer for 20 minutes on low heat until pears are soft
4. Drain the juice into a mug and stir in the honey*
To find out how acupuncture can help you to better transition through the seasons, please call Serena or Summer at Mei Ling Acupuncture & Natural Health Clinic on 04 499 9062, or you can book acupuncture online now